What is a Yogic Diet?
Firstly, the yogic diet is pure vegetarian diet. It improves the best qualities of peace, spiritual awareness and love. This yogic diet is an ancient and vegetarian, without killing and harming any animals. Also, this diet contains naturally grown foods on best soil, and naturally ripened. This kind of diet helps us to improve our vital energy and spiritual awareness.
The main motto of this yogic diet is not only to improve air and ether elements, it also helps for detoxification of our body and combines other elements of our mind. Consumption of raw foods in regular intervals is recommended in this diet by experienced yogis to maintain our body and mind under control. According to the yogis minimizing of the body will lead to maximizing the mind development.
Best raw foods like cucumber, sprouts, radish, cilantro, carrots, parsley, and tomatoes with a spicy combination of basil, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne clean both the mind and body with oxygen power. From the beginning dairy products, raw foods and grains have been used for cleansing the subways of our body. Additionally, the yogic diet works much better with the combination of yoga asanas, pranayama, meditation, and mantras. In the beginning legends and yogis lived only with air and prana, after that, it is possible with little water, fresh fruit, milk, and butter also.
Foods suitable for yogic diet
- All types of fresh and sweet fruits are highly recommended.
- You can consume all vegetables except garlic and Onion.
- Ghee, butter, and oils like olive, sesame, and sunflower, because these are best natural plant based oils.
- Herbal teas, fresh fruit juices especially lemon and natural water.
- Dairy products such as ghee, milk, cottage cheese, and yogurt.
- Whole grains like rice, oats, and wheat.
- Salted nuts (should not roast or over salted). Seeds like almonds, pecans, coconuts, sesame, and walnuts.
- Basically beans like aduki, mung, and tofu.
- Cardamom, basil, coriander, mint, cinnamon, turmeric, fennel, fenugreek, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and other sweet spices.
- Jaggery, molasses, honey and maple syrup can be consumed because they are natural sugars.
- Foods prepared with love and consciousness.
Foods not suitable for yogic diet
- Low-quality oils, margarine, and animal fats.
- Artificial sweeteners.
- Meat, egg and fish, particularly all the non-vegetarian foods.
- Foods like over and reheated, old and stale.
- Fast foods, processed foods, and foods with artificial flavor and color.
- Genetically engineered food.
- Tap water and artificial cool drinks.
- Alcohol, tobacco and other similar products.
- Whiter flour and white sugar.
- Fried or roasted food.
- Over spice foods like onion and garlic should be avoided.
- Dairy products particularly factory farm products.
- Canned foods should be avoided.
- Foods cooked in the microwave and similar elements.
- Environment: food should be taken in a calm and peaceful environment if you are having food in a disturbed environment better finish your food faster.