Foods You Should Eat to Maintain or Lower Your Cholesterol Level
Intake of healthy and impartial diet definitely leads you to minimum risk factors of obesity and blood cholesterol.
You can find different types of cholesterol, like good and bad cholesterol. For diet, we have to concentrate only on bad fat. It is advised to avoid the following diet because these are the factors to increase the blood cholesterol. Saturated fat is a type of fat basically you can get the maximum level from animal meat. It is better to consume the minimum level of coconut and palm oil.
Fast foods and baked foods are the major risk factors to increase blood cholesterol. You can find a high level of cholesterol in milk, hydrogenated vegetables, and beef in the form of Trans Fat.
Polyunsaturated fat is a bad cholesterol, which we can find in fish oils and vegetable oils. You should be very careful in consuming these oils to maintain your cholesterol level.
Sunflower, Olive, and Peanuts are the main factors to decrease the blood cholesterol. You can find maximum level of Monounsaturated Fat in these items.
It is also called Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes diet. This is highly recommended for the people who are having heart problems.
- Consume foods with high carbohydrates like vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
- There must be 10-25 grams of soluble fiber in a regular diet.
- Consumption of unsaturated fat should be between the level of 25-35%
- Plant derivative sterols consumption should be 2 grams per day.
- The diet should be equal to the expenditure of energy to maintain proper body weight and stop weight gain.
Nutritional fiber is nothing but parts of plants, which are not easy to digest. You can classify these fibers in two kinds, soluble and insoluble.
You can find more soluble fibers in the following items: beans, apple pulp, oats, strawberries, rice bran, citrus fruits etc., this will help you to reduce your blood cholesterol level.
Cereals, apple skin, carrot, whole wheat, cabbage, cauliflower, and beets are rich in insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber will not help you to reduce your blood cholesterol level.
Tips for Diet Cooking
- Eggs can be used without yolks.
- Use only vegetable oils to cook and fry. Avoid frying, it’s better to boil or grill
- Consumption of Salt should be in control, because the main factor to blood pressure is consumption of excess salt.
- While using food item, read the label carefully. Specifically about the fat content in that food.
- While cooking canned vegetable, drain the liquid from the vegetable and wash it clean before cooking.
- Avoid regular usage of excess fat cheese and it is better to use low-fat cottage cheese.
- While intake of meat, extract all fat, and for poultry, the skin should be removed completely.
There are some functional foods like Herbal tea, Orange juice mixed with calcium, low cholesterol margarine and milk with vitamin D. These functional foods contain nourishing fresh and frozen ingredient that helps a lot to maintain your body healthy.